Pair of Wogdon & Barton Flintlock Dueling Pistols (AH6322)
Robert Wogdon and John Barton operated at 14 Haymarket, London, from 1795 to 1803. The overall length of this pair of flintlock dueling pistols is approx. 15". The 10" swamped at the muzzle octagon 67 caliber smooth bore barrels have good bores with light roughness. The barrels are marked Wogdon & Barton London in script on the top flat. The barrels have a decorative band around the breech end. They have small blade front and fixed notch rear sights. The breech plug tangs, butt caps, and trigger guards have decorative engraving. All the metal has a smooth gray-brown patina. The sliding-safety locks are marked in script "Wogdon" over "&" over "Barton". They, and the cocks, have raised decorative edges. The stock on gun 1, which is lighter than gun 2, is vey good with no cracks, a chip around the rear barrel key, a small chip at the rear trigger guard attachment pin on the right, and scattered usage dents and dings. The stock on gun 2 is fine with no cracks or chips and the dents and dings expected of light to moderate use. Both pistols have their original iron-tipped ramrods with an attached worm at the end. The actions on both pistols function correctly. This is a very nice pair of dueling pistols by a well-known maker of quality flintlock pistols.